Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Write-up #5

Finally, my week has been fairly normal as far as my schedule goes, and I had my Wednesday with my boys! Yea! Although I must admit we had a rocky start. I didn't have a specific schedule in mind but was hoping for good weather so we could get outside and maybe even head to the park. That did not happen and we had rain, heavy rain for most of the day. 

We were feeling a little bit of cabin fever around noon, so after lunch I decided it was time to go for a ride. I had a few errands to run anyway and thought it might be a great way to get the boys to nap, both boys fall asleep pretty easily in the car and Colby was due for one. He's so funny when we're all home together, he doesn't nap as much as he should because he wants to play with Chase... I can tell he's just full of energy being around his big bro that he just can't take a break for a nap. He does hit his limit or sometimes it's my limit where I have to get him down and I'll separate them and rock Colby until he falls asleep but most of the time he's up ready to play and in a fairly good mood. 

So, we hopped in the car and headed to our first stop, the post-office to mail a few letters and our latest Netflix movie that Scott and I finally watched after 3 months, Knight & Day, which was horrible... not even worth a rental!!! I can't believe that has been sitting at our house for that long waiting to be watched. As we left the post office, Colby was already asleep but Chase was not... My ultimate plan was to make it to the Library but Colby had just fallen asleep and it was five minutes away... so what to do? Both boys were due for a haircut especially Chase! This has been on my list for weeks to get the boys' haircuts but something always trumps this little errand because with Chase it is usually not fun. He has to be in the right mood and state of mind to get it done, even when Gram is here. He's just not a fan of haircuts! So, before I made my mind up to go, I asked him if he wanted a hair cut and he said Yes! Here was my chance! He seemed like he was up for it, in a good mood not too tired yet from not napping, so we were on our way! Tacoma is about 15 minutes away without traffic but it would give Colby a little extra time to nap in the car. 

We arrived and both boys got hair cuts. This was Colby's official first haircut which I honestly didn't realize until after it was too late... I didn't bring my camera to take any photos!!!! I could kick myself! But, it isn't technically his first haircut because I've cut his hair at home and saved his hair already maybe that's why it didn't occur to me but I still should have taken photos!! Ugh!!! 


Anyway, Colby was excellent! He didn't cry at all but did move around a lot in the chair. Miss Lynn was a pro and moved with him and did an amazing job. Although, he seems so grown-up now with his big boy haircut! That makes me a little sad but I know he had to get a "real" hair cut eventually! Chase was also was great! He was extremely shy with Miss Lynn but started to smile a little when the clippers tickled his ears! Their haircuts look great, and it was a much less stressful event than I had imagined. In hindsight I was pretty brave to do this on my own usually Scott and I go together because Chase is pretty upset and difficult to control and with Colby it can be challenging. I'm proud that I tacked it on my own, and with both kids! Here are my boys with their brand new haircuts! 





After haircuts, we headed to the library! Chase was so excited to get his library card and to borrow books. I also got a card myself and am looking forward to downloading e-books as well as checking out books, too! After getting our cards, we headed start to the Children's section and picked out our books.. Chase picked out 4 "Spot" books like his "Spot's First Easter" book that he loves. He chose "Spot loves his Teacher," "Spot loves his Grandpa," "Spot's First Words," and "Spot loves his Friends." He also picked out a Hidden Animals book. I have a feeling that the library will be our Wednesday spot on rainy days this summer! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment