Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Write-up #6


Wow, what a day!!!! Our day started REALLY early. Chase woke up at 4:15 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep! I probably would have been a bit cranky about this and I admit it took me two cups of coffee to perk up a bit but because I could actually see the sunrise, I knew it was going to be a beautiful day. For me, the weather totally affects my mood and a sunny morning always starts my day off on the right foot... So, because we were up so early we started our adventures pretty early. We were dressed and ready to go at about 7:45 a.m.! And, we were in SHORTS if you can believe that!!!

We decided to go out for breakfast and because it is just too tempting and convenient, and easy, and because we were headed to Target which happens to be right across the street, we went to McDs. We don't venture to the golden arches often really not at all unless we are in a rush and on the road and there are no other options but I have to say there is something to be said for breakfast at McDs especially if you are solo with two kids. The sheer convenience of walking up and ordering just one Big Breakfast with hot cakes, eggs, english muffin, and a vanilla latte all for about $8 is pretty amazing. And, the fact that one BB will feed two children (granted one is 9 mos. old but he's a darn good eater and most of the time eats more than my 3 year old) and one adult it also pretty amazing not too mention yet again convenient... Also, the fact that it is ready in about 5 minutes is also miraculous and really the reason we went.... Most of the time I prefer Kelly's in downtown Gig Harbor but often I have had to wait for more than 30minutes for breakfast and the thought about waiting that long, solo with two hungry kids made me a little desperate for fast and easy thus our McD breakfast. Another plus is the play area, of course. Chase had a blast with the basketball court play area and had fun making baskets, and he did, he made some pretty incredible shots. I don't know why I'm so surprised with his athletic ability, his eye-hand-coordination is incredible...He also enjoyed the slides... As I said it has been awhile since I've spent time at a McDs lately and I was actually pretty surprised by the cool play area not to mention how clean/sanitary it was... Go Gig Harbor McD (by Costco)!

After our breakfast we went to Target where we picked up a few things. My goal there was to purchase a little splash pool one of the hard plastic ones instead of using our blow-up one so I could just fill it up on warm, sunny days and not have to fuss with blowing it up! Or, rather have Scott fuss with blowing it up. :) I thought it would be fun to do a little "swimming" with the boys today because it was going to be so nice and warm. No luck on finding the pool at Target and so on to the next adventure...

Whenever it is nice out, I love to get the boys outside as much as I can. Because of my commute I like to take a little breather from driving so we often stay at home, rain or shine. If is a nice day we head outside and do some "gardening" like watering our flowers or digging, we also love to swing or play baseball or just sit in the sun... But today after we couldn't find the pool, I decided to head to Kopachuck State Park. It's one of my favorite state parks, easy hike down to the water (even though it is a hike coming back up, all up hill), and there are great shaded picnic spots and when the tide is out, a rocky and sandy beach where Chase can explore and dig. The Olympic Mountains can also be seen from the park which are as always breathtaking if in view, today was an exceptional day to see the mountains at the park...


When we arrived we were one of two other families there. It was a slight challenge getting Chase, the Bob with Colby strapped inside, and me with baby backpack in tow on my back down the stairs and over the humongous logs that line the beach but we made it! It was totally warm and sunny, a picture-perfect northwest, spring day! It even felt a little like summer!!!!





Chase doesn't like to get dirty and unfortunately he wore the wrong shoes, his Crocs. But, he had a great time after he got used to getting a few pebbles in his shoes.... Colby on the other hand did not mind getting dirty at all... he opted to venture off his waterproof mat and started crawling all over the mud and was completely filthy in a matter of minutes. I knew he wouldn't sit still, he is all over the place right now but I thought it would be fun to see him get a little dirty and do some exploring, too, with Chase. And, he did!






  

  
What a fun day, with wonderful memories...Getting out and about with them is key! Now that summer is on the way, I'm sure that's where we will be, out and about. It is also one of my Going Green Challenge goals... which reminds me, I need to do a post on three2one very soon with an update on my progress over the last month -- that to come soon :). Staying active and having a planned activity or outing seems to keep me sane and the boys engaged. Especially with Chase, he is craving more and more of my attention if he's not occupied doing something...if he's bored, he is not a happy camper.... I am so glad that he wants to be doing things, loves to be outside and loves to play.... he does also like to watch movies and his favorite cartoons but he would much rather be doing something. I hope Colby is the same way! I suppose if we continue to set an example for being active and getting outside, they will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment