Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Write-up #3

Another week has already passed, and it's time for another wacky update! :-) Today was another great day with the boys even though I wasn't as organized as I was on Saturday with my Spring/Easter activity. However, we had fun doing many things and mostly just spending time together without any formal schedule or plan.

We spent the morning in the loft coloring, and playing on the school bus. I took a few really cute photos of Colby sitting at the table with Chase... he's not totally ready for that yet, sitting alone without support, but he sat still long enough for me to shoot a few photos.









Then, after we played for a bit it was time for lunch. I'm happy to report that Colby is now eating real food not just puree's but mushy, soft stuff and little snacks that easily dissolve like puffs, kix, small bites of bread and cheese, even turkey! He loves nanas just like Chase, too. He's such a good eater, when I was prego with him that was one thing I prayed and hoped for was that little Colby would be a good eater and be healthy, of course. Well, he's living up to my hopes & dreams! He eats so well and likes pretty much anything. I think he's even teaching Chasers a thing or two although we haven't seen the effects yet, I know Chase is soaking it all in what Colby is eating and how much attention he gets when eats something new. Fingers are crossed that Colby's good eating habits will rub off on his big bro. Colby is also getting the hang of feeding himself, picking up food and shoveling it in although sometimes he misses. :-)




After lunch, it was fairly nice out. It was a little cool and overcast but the sun came out for a bit and so we ventured outside. Colby was napping so Chase and I had a chance to explore and have some fun. We did our exploring in the garage. Anyone who knows us well knows that cleaning out our garage is a never ending battle and so our garage is full of a ton of stuff  from a pop-up camper, 2-person kayak, any tool you can think or dream of (thanks to my handyman hubby), treadmill, an excercise bike, to tricycles, wagons, push toys, basketball goals and an array of toys that is any little boys dream. During our garage adventure, Chase spotted a Daddy tool and became adamant about playing with the "Big, Huge, Spray Thing" that Daddy let him play with a couple weekends ago. ("Big, Huge, Spray Thing = Pressure washer.) After about 20 minutes of "no, honey you cannot play with the big, huge, spray thing," I convinced him to focus on finding something else to play with. That's when we found it! His Buzz Light Year Spaceship!!! We had so much fun setting this up and making it blast off! I only wish we were in our bathing suits in 80 degree weather to enjoy it the way it was intended -- the spaceship is technically a toy sprinkler!





Well, my wacky day isn't quite over yet but thought while Chase is sort of relaxing watching Dragon Tails (no, he didn't nap today, Scott ;-) and Colby is napping I would try and gather my thoughts and write... I have a feeling I'm going to be out of commission as soon as Daddy gets home. As always the boys have kept me on my toes which I love, especially now that Colby is so active and he and Chase can play together... but it is exhausting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment