Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Write-up #2

My Wacky Wednesday with the boys turned into a Chaotic Monday with Chase at home sick. He woke up with a fever on Monday morning. After a trip to our pediatrician, a full CBC, strep test, and breakfast at Kelly's we spent the rest of the day at home cuddled on the couch watching his fav cartoons, batman, spiderman and now, ironman. His fever broke later that day and he was almost his normal, energetic, stubborn, hilarious little self with the exception of his slightly still sore throat.

We found out today that he did have Strep but not A, the kind they normally treat with antibiotics but Step B, which usually the body responds to and kids get over pretty quick. Also, the CBC results were pretty good, WBC counts are up even from his appt at Children's a few weeks ago. Yea! Anyway, he had a good day at home with Scott yesterday, no fever, full energy, good appetite (well "good" for Chase anyway, he's such a picky eater!) Anyway, he was back at school today, and both Scott and I were back at work, back at the grind and our "normal" routine.  Little Colby was at school, too. He will have a full week at school without a day home which I'm not too happy about but that's the way it goes. When your kid gets sick your schedule and plans for the day, the week goes right out the window...but its all worth it to be there to hold them and wipe their tears through all the yucky, "pokey" tests... Chase is such a brave little boy. I am reminded of that each time we have to go through all the tests and check up appointments. But, he is doing really well and that is all that matters. He is healthy and thriving and a typical 3-year old and I'm so blessed to have him in my life.

Well, Colby will be 8 months old tomorrow. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone... I find myself saying that every month when he's yet another month old... He's doing so well, started crawling last week and now he's pulling himself up to a standing position. He seems just a little ahead of Chase when he was that age... Chase started crawling right around 9 mos and started walking about 2 weeks later, he didn't crawl for very long at all. Colby seems to be approaching crawling and walking much in the same way but just a little earlier than Chase... He's so determined to get to the next step, I sware he wants to be just like his big brother. 


When Colby is upset Chase has a way of just looking at him with a smile and Colby will stop crying and start giggling almost immediately... I just love my boys. I'm a lucky mama. I missed my day with them today, this is definitely a tough week. Two more days until the weekend. I have some fun Easter/Spring activities planned for our day together on Saturday. Scott is off to another training all day so I will have my day with them soon!  :) Here are a few photos of Colby this morning... 




No comments:

Post a Comment