Friday, February 18, 2011

Of Course!

Chase's vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few months. It seems like every day he has at least two new words and is starting to speak in complete sentences and thoughts... I remember the first time he was able to verbalize exactly what he wanted, I think he was right around 18 mos. His sentences were very simple and the words he used weren't always quite right or how he pronounced certain letters like "Ls" or "Ms" or "Ns," but he was putting words together nonetheless and we were communicating! Some of his first words/sentences were like most kids, "I want that" or "My Ba Ba" or "Lets Go" and of course "Dada and Mama." It was a huge milestone! 


Well, now he's at a completely different level and honestly sometimes I can't believe he's about to turn 3! Sometimes it feels like he's 2-1/2 going on 6! Especially how he's learned to manipulate Scott and me with all those wonderful words he's using... it's really funny. He's such a smart kid, and he knows that Scott and I pick our battles... we're not the most easy going parents but we can be push-overs and he knows just what to say to get what he wants... not all the time but many times. :-) He'll say things like when he's watching his favorite cartoons or movies, "Can I watch my movie just one more time" and of course when that one more time is over, he'll ask again but this time say "Can I watch my movie again just one more time, I promise"... too cute. We usually give in on that one... Or he'll tell me his plan on what he's going to do like, "I'm going to eat my pretzels now, Mama, then I'll pick-up my toys, OK, Mama?"... He'll also tell me or rather order me to do something like "I want juice right now!" which doesn't go over too well and we have a little talk about his tone of voice... Or when Scott puts him to bed, he'll ask to "sleep" with his dump-truck and then say, "I love you, daddy" right after he asks for it... Scott gives in every time. :-) He did just start saying I love you, and actually told Scott that first on his own. Scott does bath and bedtime and usually that's when he uses the "Love" word to try his best not to go to bed. He's only said "I love you" to me a few times when Scott has asked him to... I'm still waiting for the genuine "I love you, Mama" that he says on his own... but I do appreciate and love hearing it even if Scott has to remind him to tell me. :-)  He has also started saying "Na Na Na Boo Boo" ... he hasn't finished the rest of that one but I know it's coming...I'm sure he has picked that one up from his buds at school. :-)


The phrase he's saying all the time now that is completely adorable is "of course!"... Whenever Scott and I ask him to do something or get something or help with something (and as long as he's in a good mood :-) he'll say "of course" and just do it. Like when we come home from school, I'll ask him to take off his shoes and jacket and he'll say "of course." Or if I ask him to get Colby's bottle or something else, he'll say "of course, mama." Too funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment